DIY to try: Watercolor Cards (+ a giveaway!)
You guys, this DIY! So simple, so quick, so cute! Anyone can make these cards, and they're good for any occasion! If you had a toddler, this would be a super fun and quick craft to do with them in their 5 minute attention span ;) Watercolor might be the easiest craft because you really cannot mess it up. If you don't like the color, add a little more water to wash it out. Not enough color? Add a little less water.
- Fill a little bowl with water.
- Figure out what color combination you want to use.
- Start water-coloring on your white cardstock cards. I just used simple line brush strokes, but you can use circles, zigzags, etc. I only did the front, but you can do the backsides too.
- Once you're happy with your creation, allow to dry overnight.
- Once dry, place the heavy books, magazines, etc. over the card so that it flattens. I let it flatten overnight.
- Once it's flat, apply stickers. Get creative with the phrases!
You can see how to create one in action on Instagram.
Now is the fun part! I'm giving away the "I love you" and "Congratulations" cards to YOU! All you have to do to enter is tell me what your favorite card to give and/or receive, in the comments below. Will close Friday at 11:59pmEST.