SATUR-DIY: How to turn an old calendar into cards
Okay, so you all know how much I love paper. Any paper that's beautiful, funny, even just a plain background I usually put in my basket, check out, and end up hoarding it forever! I really love this Paper Source calendar (unfortunately the calendar I have I couldn't find online), and paper is just so much fun!
So instead of throwing it away like every year, I decided to make use of this one by turning it into the background of some fun cards.
Scroll down to learn how.
- Pick an old calendar that you really like
- Pick out various spots that would make a fun or cute background of your card.
- Cut those pieces out. I cut various sizes like 4x6, 5x7, 5x5, etc.
- Using blank cardstock in different colors, cut the cardstock to match the sizes from the calendar cut outs. On the back of the zebra, there is a lilac colored cardstock, on the back of the gumball card, there is pink colored cardstock, etc.
- Embellish those cards! I did simple embellishments of just stripes of coordinating paper on the front, some stamps and handwriting on the front.
The best part about this is that you can make lots and lots of cards! I think I ended up making over 25, and had a ton of paper left over to make more. Also, you can customize these however you want. These took about 20 minutes in total to make, which was even better!
One fun card you can make with a calendar is anything relating to a date - anniversary, birthdays, etc. I love the one below!
Hope you have fun making these cards, or whatever else your Saturday entails!