I'm leaving for Paris in 1 week and 1 day! The last time I was there was in 2008, so I'm really excited to be going back. To be honest, I don't remember a lot from my 2008 trip. It was a 3 week bus tour through Europe, and Paris was the 2nd to the last stop, so it was a little of a blur. This time, I'll be there for 8 days. 6.5 of those days will be devoted to work, but how can work be bad when you're in Paris? ;) I'll have all day Saturday and half day on Sunday to explore on my own. I've already started planning how I can spend those 36 hours, so I'll be sure to share that at a later night. Right now, I'm just focusing on what I need to pack! I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite travel accessories that you can carry on!
1. Fun eye mask - I actually use one I got for free on a JetBlue flight (frugal, I know), but this one is hilarious and such a conversation starter for the person sitting next to you.
2. Headphones - This should be an obvious, but I did accidentally leave a pair at home once! No bueno.
3. Truffle clear case - This is so much better than a little plastic bag. It's TSA approved to hold all of your liquids, and it's easy to find in your large carry on bag.
4. Kate Spade Passport Holder - Confession time: Over the holidays, I flew from NY to MO (home) for a couple days before we were supposed to fly to Mexico for a big family vacation. As soon as I got off the plane in MO, my mom so kindly asked, "You did bring your passport, right?". *Insert headslap here*. I forgot my passport in NY and we were leaving for Mexico in 3 days! My awesome dad flew back out to NY that night, and spent the next 18 hours traveling to retrieve it. What a trooper! If I had this cute Kate Spade Passport Holder, I doubt this would have happened.
5. Garnier Cleansing Towelettes - My skin always feels so gross and dehydrated when I get off a plane flight. When I went to London, I used these to take off my makeup right before the flight, and then I used them to wake my skin up 30 minutes before arrival. My skin felt hydrated and so fresh after.
6. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - I'm in constant need of some sort of lip balm, and this one is my current favorite. It's doesn't smell, isn't sticky, and make my lips super soft.
7. Longchamp Tote - I don't have this specific one, but I have a large tote bag from C.Wonder (RIP) that I love! It can hold so much, and it sits comfortably on your shoulder.
8. Kindle Fire - Or any tablet will do. I like to read on flights, so having a tablet allows you to carry on multiple books without the weight.
9. Chargers - Again, another obvious. But, I've been known to accidentally pack these in my checked luggage.
10. Blanket Scarf - You guys, this is my best purchase of 2014. It's a HUGE scarf, so not only does it look with every single piece of clothing you own, it also can function as a blanket or pillow. You know you always want a blanket or pillow while flying, so this is perfect. And it's currently on sale!
11. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream - Again, I hate the gross dehydrating feeling you get from flying. If you apply this facial cream before (after the cleansing towelettes), you'll feel so refreshed!
12. Comfortable Flats - Because wearing heels at the airport is just a waste of time (even if you're a celebrity!). Plus, you won't be 'that person' in the security line.