Happy Halloween! I know, this should be a Halloween themed post, but I'm not feeling very Halloween-y this year. I mean, I haven't even watched Hocus Pocus yet, nor am I dressing up this year! Usually I love Halloween, so I'm not sure where this funk is coming from. But, I'm sure my liver (and head!) will thank me in the morning for not participating in the NYC Halloween Bar Festivities.
So, instead of a costume themed post, or a post on how to make an adorable pumpkin (mine literally died 6 days after making her), here's a list of my recent must haves for fall/winter.
1. FatFace Leather School Satchel - Anna and I randomly came across FatFace at the airport in London, and immediately fell in love with the entire store. I was loving my Michael Kors over the shoulder bag for the summer, but I wanted something bigger, and a little warmer tone for the fall. This is perfect - and even holds my large Outlander books with extra room!
2. Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream - Working at L'Oreal made me pretty much obsessed with everything Kiehls. Now that it's winter, my face feels extra dry, even with a BB Cream on all day. Putting this cream on before bed makes it much less dry in the morning. Oddly, I go into a much deeper sleep one night's that I put on cream before bed. Not sure why, but homegirl is not complaining.
3. Signa from Shoedazzle - So. Much. Fun! I usually am pretty practical with my shoe/clothing choices (thank you, mom), but when I saw these I knew not only would they add a little punch to whatever outfit I threw on, but it would just be so much fun to wear gold shoes!
4. Taylor Swift "1989" Album - I know, I feel like a teenager professing my love for Taylor Swift. BUT, 1989 really is so different than her previous albums (not that I didn't like those either), and the sound is amazing. A little 80's inspiration, with some pop & electric beats, and of course great lyrics.
5. Kusmi Tea, Euphoria - Now that the temperature has officially dropped - NYC is expecting snow on Saturday! - my nightly routine includes drinking tea to help unwind from the day. Huge fan of all Kusmi Teas, but I'm really into Euphoria right now, which has chocolate & orange infused.
6. Hippie Cartel Selita Crystal and Pearl Double Cage Ring - Obsessing over this ring right now, and basically everything Hippie Cartel sells.
7. CorisCorner on Etsy (shameless plug) - Officially back in action. I'm hoping to get more products up to sell soon, but we'll start with Halloween cards since it's Halloween! Only $3!
8. Saucony Kinvara 5 - These tennis shoes are so great. They are light, fit really well (but still a little wider for my wide feet), and come in super bright colors. So far, they've survived running, playing volleyball, and hiking a mountain.
9. Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream - Light/Medium - Oil-Free - Okay, so this isn't technically just for fall/winter, but I love this. I tried it 2+ years ago when I worked for Garnier, and I haven't stopped using it. Some people use BB Cream under their foundation, but I use it as my foundation. And since I have oily skin, it's perfect that it's oil-free.