So, it should be no surprise that I'm a huge fan of pasta, cheese, and easy cooking! This may be the easiest meal to make, because you can literally make it with anything! Meat or no meat. Veggies or no veggies. Bow tie noodles or penne noodles (or both!). Literally, the options are endless! I used whatever was leftover in my pantry or fridge. Here is what I used (but seriously, sub in whatever you like):
- Bow Tie & penne noodles - a couple handfuls
- Trader Joe's Organic Vodka Sauce - About 1/2-3/4 of the sauce jar
- Trader Joe's Spinach, Fontina, & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage - All 4 links
- Cherry Tomatos - a handful (or whatever you have on hand)
- Colby Jack Shredded Cheese - a couple handfuls
Preheat oven to 400º. Grease baking pan (I used a 9x9 ceramic pan). Step 1: Cut up chicken sausage to about 1/2 in. thickness. Cook sausage over medium-high heat in a large skillet until lightly brown on both sides.
Step 2: Bring water to a boil. After sausage is cooked, add in pasta sauce and tomatos to skillet. Bring heat down to low-medium and cover with lid. Stir occasionally.
What do you usually put in your pasta bake?